After the liberalisation of faith, the Protestants first of all used the Propsteikirche together with Catholics. Once sufficient funds had been “collected”, they started to build their own church. The Pauluskirche was almost completely destroyed in World War II, but by 1950 it had been faithfully rebuilt to its original design. The “Memorial of the Grieving Woman” by Marcks serves as a reminder of the most severe bombing attack of World War II, in November 1944.
D - 44787 Bochum
Phone +49 234 9129126
336, 345, 368
– Public transport stop: Bongardstraße
U35, 302, 306, 310, 308, 318 – Public transport stop: Bochum Hbf