In the 11th century, work was started on building a stone church which was destroyed in the great city fire of 25 April 1517. Over the next 30 years the Propsteikirche was built in late Gothic style with nave and side aisles. It became a Provost church in 1888. Destroyed in World War II, by 1959 it had been rebuilt as a three-nave church. The tower is around 68 meters high and is one of the emblems of the city.
D - 44787 Bochum
Phone +49 234 14715
336, 345, 368
– Public transport stop: Bongardstraße
U35, 302, 306, 310 – Public transport stop: Bochum Rathaus